BoxUp 4 Mentors
Box Up Crime Mentoring & Gang Prevention and Intervention Programs
Thousands of young people find themselves drawn into gang culture and criminality every year, and it quickly becomes almost impossible to leave that lifestyle behind. BoxUp Crime is here to help change that.
Our Mentoring and bespoke gang prevention programmes are designed to help those involved with criminality/gangs to find a way out, giving them the skills and confidence to make it happen. These programs are flexible and are designed to work in line with our Stakeholders requirements and can be delivered in a number of different settings.
Our Mentoring Programs are very successful and work on the great relationship we have with young people and the trust of our stakeholders.
We currently hold a contract with a Youth Offending Team to deliver mentoring to young people both in custody and the community. The aim of this particular project is to provide the support to assist the young person maintain or re-engage with Education, Training and Employment, as well as helping to remove the barriers that young people may have to making positive life changes.
Our Box Up Crime Mentors
- Our Mentors have very positive links with young people within the community and the Box Up Crime brand is well known. They have good knowledge of the issues facing young people in the local area’s and also any potential opportunities. Our mentors deliver a number of sessions within the Community, Schools and Pupil Referral Units.
- Box Up Crime Mentors are experienced in working with young people who are involved in or at risk of Criminality/Serious Youth Violence/ Social Exclusion.
- Our Mentors are DBS checked, trained in conflict resolution, safeguarding and data protection. We are committed to an ongoing training and development programme.
- Our mentors draw from their experience and have their own positive testimonials to share.
- We have a large pool of mentors so that we are able to match the most suitable mentor to the young person.
Gang Prevention and Intervention Programs
Our flexible programs have been commissioned by the Mayor’s Office. That means we’ve been able to work with young offenders in Barking & Dagenham, with access to agencies including the probation services and young offenders’ services. We’ve got a proven track record of not only getting in touch with hard-to-reach young people, but in helping them move on from gang life.
We also understand that leaving a gang is only the start, which is why we offer support that goes beyond the immediate problem. Through our programme, ex-gang members have access to job opportunities, qualifications, training and business start-up mentoring.
Together, we can deliver a knockout blow to gang culture and criminality. Contact us today to find out more about these programs and the work we deliver.